With the completion of Trinity Dam in 1961 came the allocation of 25% of the generated power to Trinity County for benefit of its citizens...
Serene Trinity Lake, the rushing Trinity River and the magnificent Trinity Alps are the main attractions in the area. Trinity Lake and Lewiston Lake are...
Trinity County offers a variety of locations with spectacular landscapes to film documentaries, commercials, or movie scenes—from Weaverville’s old west façade to the Trinity Alps...
Save on Mandatory Employee Training!!!
Compliance Alert: California employers with five or more employees must provide harassment prevention training to all employees by the end of 2020. That’s two hours of training to California supervisors (and to out-of-state supervisors of California employees), and one hour of training to nonsupervisory employees in California. Training must take place within six months of hire or promotion and every two years thereafter.
Trinity County Chamber members get PREFERRED member pricing on CalChamber online training. Your savings starts at $5 for the 1-hour employee course and $10 for the 2-hour supervisor course.
To get your Preferred member code and link, email Chamber@TrinityCounty.com
Mix, Mingle, and Learn. The evening started with the County Chamber’s annual members meeting to elect directors and appoint officers. Socializing started at 6pm followed...
Trinity County Economic Development: Beyond Tourism and Marijuana Round-table TCCC has hosted three round-table discussion about the opportunities and barriers to economic development in Trinity...
At the March 12 Annual Members Meeting, the voting membership at the meeting elected their 2020-21 Board of Directors. A director’s term is currently one...
- Updated Form: COVID-19-Related Paid Sick Leave or Family and Medical Leave (FFCRA) — Employee Notice April 14, 2021Give this form to an employee who needs to provide notice of their need to take either paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave under the federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) for qualified reasons related to COVID-19.
- Updated HR Library: Unemployment Insurance Benefits and COVID-19 April 13, 2021As millions of displaced workers seek economic relief in the form of California's Unemployment Insurance (UI) program, the federal government has stepped in to supplement it (and each state's UI program) with funding through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Tip of the Week: Creating an Emergency Action Plan April 12, 2021Every employer must maintain an Emergency Action Plan and conduct emergency training and drills periodically.
- Updated Form: COVID-19-Related Paid Sick Leave or Family and Medical Leave (FFCRA) Documentation Checklist — For Employer Use Only April 8, 2021This checklist will help guide you through the required documentation for employees who need to take either paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave under the federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) for qualified reasons related to COVID-19.
Business Community Join the Trinity Chamber of Commerce...
- Forced Unionization Bill Awaits Action by Senate July 23, 2021A California Chamber of Commerce-opposed job killer bill seeking to force agricultural employees into unionizing awaits action by the full Senate when legislators return from summer recess in August. AB 616 (Stone; D-Scotts Valley) seeks to eliminate agricultural employees’ democratic right to cast an independent vote in a secret ballot election regarding whether to unionize, […]
- California Supreme Court Rules on Meal Period Premium Pay July 23, 2021In Episode 125 of The Workplace podcast, CalChamber Executive Vice President and General Counsel Erika Frank, employment law expert Matthew Roberts, and legislative advocates Chris Micheli and Ashley Hoffman discuss the latest California Supreme Court ruling on premium pay calculations in Ferra v. Loews Hollywood Hotel, LLC. Ferra v. Loews Hollywood Hotel, LLC On July […]
- What to Do When Employee’s I-9 Work Authorization Document Expired July 23, 2021Can an employee work beyond the expiration date of a work authorization document? The answer to the question depends on whether the right to work in the United States is provided on a permanent or temporary basis. Permanent Work Authorization Permanent work authorization is conveyed to persons born in the United States, a U.S. citizen […]
Upcoming County Events
- The Path Forward: Unvaccinated Far More Likely to be Hospitalized as Delta Variant Spreads July 22, 2021 TSwanek
- Less than Half of Small Business Owners Can Find Workers, New Poll Shows July 15, 2021 TSwanek
- We Should Take the Threat of Higher Inflation Seriously – Here are 5 Ways to Do So July 13, 2021 TSwanek
- Number of Unfilled Jobs Stays Elevated During Worker Shortage Crisis July 7, 2021 LCates
- 10 Overlooked International Investment Facts July 6, 2021 KRidel
- “We’re in Survival Mode:” On the Delaware Shore, Small Businesses Struggle to Stay Afloat Amid Worker Shortage June 29, 2021 jharrison
- The Path Forward: WHO Expert Says Pandemic Is Not Over June 25, 2021 TSwanek