With the completion of Trinity Dam in 1961 came the allocation of 25% of the generated power to Trinity County for benefit of its citizens...
Serene Trinity Lake, the rushing Trinity River and the magnificent Trinity Alps are the main attractions in the area. Trinity Lake and Lewiston Lake are...
Trinity County offers a variety of locations with spectacular landscapes to film documentaries, commercials, or movie scenes—from Weaverville’s old west façade to the Trinity Alps...
COUNTY CHAMBER FACEBOOK POSTS
Save on Mandatory Employee Training!!!
Compliance Alert: California employers with five or more employees must provide harassment prevention training to all employees by the end of 2020. That’s two hours of training to California supervisors (and to out-of-state supervisors of California employees), and one hour of training to nonsupervisory employees in California. Training must take place within six months of hire or promotion and every two years thereafter.
Trinity County Chamber members get PREFERRED member pricing on CalChamber online training. Your savings starts at $5 for the 1-hour employee course and $10 for the 2-hour supervisor course.
To get your Preferred member code and link, email Chamber@TrinityCounty.com
Mix, Mingle, and Learn. The evening started with the County Chamber’s annual members meeting to elect directors and appoint officers. Socializing started at 6pm followed...
Trinity County Economic Development: Beyond Tourism and Marijuana Round-table TCCC has hosted three round-table discussion about the opportunities and barriers to economic development in Trinity...
At the March 12 Annual Members Meeting, the voting membership at the meeting elected their 2020-21 Board of Directors. A director’s term is currently one...
- New Q&A: If we bring back an employee, do we need to rehire them and fill out new hire paperwork? July 13, 2020If we bring back an employee, do we need to rehire them and fill out new hire paperwork?
- Updated Form: Telecommuting Safety Checklist July 10, 2020Use this form in conjunction with your company's safety checklist for your workplace to ensure the telecommuter's workspace is safe.
- New Q&A: What should I do if I receive a deposition subpoena for an employee’s employment records? July 9, 2020What should I do if I receive a deposition subpoena for an employee’s employment records?
- New Q&A: If an employee is over 65 years old and it is taking him longer and longer to get his job duties done, can we address his physical symptoms? July 8, 2020If an employee is over 65 years old and it is taking him longer and longer to get his job duties done, can we address his physical symptoms?
Business Community Join the Trinity Chamber of Commerce...
- Employer Mandates Among Bills Moving in Legislature July 10, 2020When the COVID-19 crisis hit, legislators adopted a self-imposed limit on legislation they would be pursuing this year. Even so, when the summer recess began, significant employer mandates remained alive for consideration when lawmakers return to the State Capitol. Of 16 job killer bills identified by the California Chamber of Commerce this year, nine still […]
- COVID-19: Masks, 6-Foot Rule July 10, 2020In Episode 77 of The Workplace podcast, CalChamber President and CEO Allan Zaremberg, and CalChamber Executive Vice President and General Counsel Erika Frank discuss best practices for enforcing workplace face mask and social distancing policies to ensure the safety of employees and customers. For the last several months, employers have been busy implementing protocols to […]
- Why Temperature Checks, Doctor’s Note May Be OK for COVID-19 July 10, 2020With the current coronavirus pandemic, I have been wondering what I can do to protect my employees in the workplace. May we take the temperature of our employees before they begin working each day? If I have an employee who reports that he has tested positive for COVID-19, can I require him to provide me […]
Upcoming County Events
- Struggling Businesses Face Billions in Increased Taxes July 13, 2020
- COVID-19: Enforcing Mask Rules at Work July 13, 2020
- CalChamber Status Update Report on Major Legislation for Business July 10, 2020
- CalChamber Alert – July 10, 2020 July 10, 2020
- Panel Discussion to Focus on Putting Racial Justice Words Into Action July 9, 2020
- COVID-19 Positive: Employer Obligations July 8, 2020
- Quick Take: Antitrust Laws (Not Just Big Tech) Under Attack July 9, 2020 KRosenblatt
- How AV Technology is Driving Solutions During COVID-19 July 2, 2020 KRidel
- Pride Month Spotlight: Pia Carusone, CEO & Founder, Republic Restoratives July 1, 2020 KRosenblatt
- Pride Month Spotlight: Jamie Leeds, Chef and Restauranteur, Hank’s Oyster Bar & Jamie Leeds Restaurant Group June 26, 2020 KRosenblatt
- Pride Month Spotlight: JSQUARED Naturals June 24, 2020 KRosenblatt
- How the Fed, Financial Industry Are Helping to Keep Main Street Going June 23, 2020 KRidel
- U.S. Chamber Study Shows Commercial Construction Industry Poised For Recovery After Covid-19 June 23, 2020 LCates