With the completion of Trinity Dam in 1961 came the allocation of 25% of the generated power to Trinity County for benefit of its citizens...
Serene Trinity Lake, the rushing Trinity River and the magnificent Trinity Alps are the main attractions in the area. Trinity Lake and Lewiston Lake are...
Trinity County offers a variety of locations with spectacular landscapes to film documentaries, commercials, or movie scenes—from Weaverville’s old west façade to the Trinity Alps...
Save on Mandatory Employee Training!!!
Compliance Alert: California employers with five or more employees must provide harassment prevention training to all employees by the end of 2020. That’s two hours of training to California supervisors (and to out-of-state supervisors of California employees), and one hour of training to nonsupervisory employees in California. Training must take place within six months of hire or promotion and every two years thereafter.
Trinity County Chamber members get PREFERRED member pricing on CalChamber online training. Your savings starts at $5 for the 1-hour employee course and $10 for the 2-hour supervisor course.
To get your Preferred member code and link, email Chamber@TrinityCounty.com
Mix, Mingle, and Learn. The evening started with the County Chamber’s annual members meeting to elect directors and appoint officers. Socializing started at 6pm followed...
Trinity County Economic Development: Beyond Tourism and Marijuana Round-table TCCC has hosted three round-table discussion about the opportunities and barriers to economic development in Trinity...
At the March 12 Annual Members Meeting, the voting membership at the meeting elected their 2020-21 Board of Directors. A director’s term is currently one...
- Tip of the Week: Employee Credit Reports March 8, 2021California employers generally can't conduct credit checks. Certain limited exceptions apply.
- Updated Form: CHIP - Children's Health Insurance Program - Model Notice for Employers March 5, 2021If you are eligible for health coverage from your employer, but are unable to afford the premiums, some states have premium assistance programs that can help pay for coverage. These states use funds from their Medicaid or CHIP programs to help people who are eligible for employer-sponsored health coverage but need assistance in paying their […]
- New Form: CFRA Notice and Designation (Five to 49 Employees) - Spanish March 3, 2021Use this form to give employees notice of their rights under the California Family Rights Act (CFRA), and to designate leave as CFRA, to provide conditional approval of the request for CFRA leave if more information is necessary, or to deny the request.
- New HR Library: California Family Rights Act Overview (CFRA) March 2, 2021Previously, the CFRA was applicable to employers with 50 or more employees, but it was recently expanded to cover all employers with only five or more employees.
Business Community Join the Trinity Chamber of Commerce...
- CalChamber-Led Coalition Calls for Legislative Action March 5, 2021The California Chamber of Commerce is leading a coalition of more than 75 allied groups in urging Governor Gavin Newsom and California legislators to pass measures to promote economic recovery in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. In a March 1, 2021 letter, the coalition calls on lawmakers to pass 22 bills that would give […]
- Cal/OSHA Gathering Feedback on COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard March 5, 2021The Cal/OSHA advisory committee’s February meetings on the COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) offer some hints as to the future of California’s ETS. Before the advisory committee met, the Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) circulated for discussion a proposed list of changes to the ETS (available at www.dir.ca.gov). Cal/OSHA’s suggestions were not structural […]
- CFRA Expansion Complicates Leave for Furloughed Employees March 5, 2021We have furloughed an employee. This employee now wants to take baby bonding leave after the birth of his child. Is the employee’s job protected under the California Family Rights Act (CFRA) while he is still furloughed? This question received at a recent California Chamber of Commerce Leaves of Absence seminar exemplifies how complex the […]
Upcoming County Events
- Businesses Need a New Privacy Shield Now March 5, 2021 KRosenblatt
- 63% of Americans Oppose a Financial Transaction Tax March 4, 2021 KRosenblatt
- The US Needs a Holistic Approach to Engaging Africa ASAP March 4, 2021 KRidel
- The Path Forward: Washington State Beats Back Virus with Public-Private Partnerships March 4, 2021 TSwanek
- U.S. Chamber Celebrates Employees Who Embody Our Shared Purpose March 3, 2021 TSwanek
- The “Fair Share” Fig Leaf March 2, 2021 KRidel
- U.S. Chamber Expands ‘Rally for Recovery’ Initiative as Part of Campaign to Stop the Spread of Coronavirus March 1, 2021 TSwanek