With the completion of Trinity Dam in 1961 came the allocation of 25% of the generated power to Trinity County for benefit of its citizens...
Serene Trinity Lake, the rushing Trinity River and the magnificent Trinity Alps are the main attractions in the area. Trinity Lake and Lewiston Lake are...
Trinity County offers a variety of locations with spectacular landscapes to film documentaries, commercials, or movie scenes—from Weaverville’s old west façade to the Trinity Alps...
Save on Mandatory Employee Training!!!
Compliance Alert: California employers with five or more employees must provide harassment prevention training to all employees by the end of 2020. That’s two hours of training to California supervisors (and to out-of-state supervisors of California employees), and one hour of training to nonsupervisory employees in California. Training must take place within six months of hire or promotion and every two years thereafter.
Trinity County Chamber members get PREFERRED member pricing on CalChamber online training. Your savings starts at $5 for the 1-hour employee course and $10 for the 2-hour supervisor course.
To get your Preferred member code and link, email Chamber@TrinityCounty.com
Mix, Mingle, and Learn. The evening started with the County Chamber’s annual members meeting to elect directors and appoint officers. Socializing started at 6pm followed...
Trinity County Economic Development: Beyond Tourism and Marijuana Round-table TCCC has hosted three round-table discussion about the opportunities and barriers to economic development in Trinity...
At the March 12 Annual Members Meeting, the voting membership at the meeting elected their 2020-21 Board of Directors. A director’s term is currently one...
- Updated Form: COVID-19-Related Paid Sick Leave or Family and Medical Leave (FFCRA) — Employee Notice April 14, 2021Give this form to an employee who needs to provide notice of their need to take either paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave under the federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) for qualified reasons related to COVID-19.
- Updated HR Library: Unemployment Insurance Benefits and COVID-19 April 13, 2021As millions of displaced workers seek economic relief in the form of California's Unemployment Insurance (UI) program, the federal government has stepped in to supplement it (and each state's UI program) with funding through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Tip of the Week: Creating an Emergency Action Plan April 12, 2021Every employer must maintain an Emergency Action Plan and conduct emergency training and drills periodically.
- Updated Form: COVID-19-Related Paid Sick Leave or Family and Medical Leave (FFCRA) Documentation Checklist — For Employer Use Only April 8, 2021This checklist will help guide you through the required documentation for employees who need to take either paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave under the federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) for qualified reasons related to COVID-19.
Business Community Join the Trinity Chamber of Commerce...
- 3 Job Killer Bills Still Active June 11, 2021Following last Friday’s deadline for legislation to move out of the house in which it was introduced, just three of the 25 job killer bills the California Chamber of Commerce identified this year are still moving. The surviving job killer bills would impose onerous labor and employment mandates, and increase liability for employers. Job Killers […]
- Cal/OSHA to Revise COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard Again June 11, 2021Revisions to California’s COVID-19 workplace emergency temporary standard (ETS) were delayed again this week at a special meeting of the Cal/OSHA Standards Board, but employers may find a silver lining to this cloud. The Standards Board voted at the end of the four-hour meeting on June 9 to withdraw the revised ETS text it had […]
- Many Factors to Consider When Employee Asks for More Leave Time June 11, 2021Our employee has used up all of her federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave, but called today to request an extension of time. Do we have to grant the extension, or can we terminate her employment? This question comes up frequently, and the Labor Law Corner addressed it a few years ago. However, […]
Upcoming County Events
- Data Shows Worker Availability Sinking Toward Historic Lows – All Over Again June 10, 2021 shackbarth
- Business and Government Leaders Call For Urgent Action on Workforce Crisis June 3, 2021 LCates
- Bilateral Cooperation with the UAE on Climate, Digital Trade, Financial Services Innovation & Healthcare: 4 Ideas for the Biden Administration June 3, 2021 KRosenblatt
- Europe’s Gamble on AI Regulation June 2, 2021 shackbarth
- Europe’s Data Strategy: Promoting Innovation or Undermining Competition? June 2, 2021 shackbarth
- U.S. Businesses Face the Specter of Data Localization in Europe June 1, 2021 TSwanek
- Under the Microscope: The European Union’s Digital Markets Act June 1, 2021 TSwanek