With the completion of Trinity Dam in 1961 came the allocation of 25% of the generated power to Trinity County for benefit of its citizens...
Serene Trinity Lake, the rushing Trinity River and the magnificent Trinity Alps are the main attractions in the area. Trinity Lake and Lewiston Lake are...
Trinity County offers a variety of locations with spectacular landscapes to film documentaries, commercials, or movie scenes—from Weaverville’s old west façade to the Trinity Alps...
Save on Mandatory Employee Training!!!
Compliance Alert: California employers with five or more employees must provide harassment prevention training to all employees by the end of 2020. That’s two hours of training to California supervisors (and to out-of-state supervisors of California employees), and one hour of training to nonsupervisory employees in California. Training must take place within six months of hire or promotion and every two years thereafter.
Trinity County Chamber members get PREFERRED member pricing on CalChamber online training. Your savings starts at $5 for the 1-hour employee course and $10 for the 2-hour supervisor course.
To get your Preferred member code and link, email Chamber@TrinityCounty.com
Mix, Mingle, and Learn. The evening started with the County Chamber’s annual members meeting to elect directors and appoint officers. Socializing started at 6pm followed...
Trinity County Economic Development: Beyond Tourism and Marijuana Round-table TCCC has hosted three round-table discussion about the opportunities and barriers to economic development in Trinity...
At the March 12 Annual Members Meeting, the voting membership at the meeting elected their 2020-21 Board of Directors. A director’s term is currently one...
- Updated Form: Leave Interaction January 14, 2021When an employee considers a leave, use this form to determine the relationships among the various state-mandated leaves of absence and benefits during the time off. Employees also benefit from this information.
- New HR Library: Work Sharing Program January 13, 2021As a potential alternative to layoffs, employers should consider the EDD's Unemployment Work Sharing Program.
- New Form: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy January 12, 2021This policy goes above and beyond the required Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation Prevention policy by not simply complying with the law that prohibits discrimination or harassment against employees on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristics; it communicates to your employees that such differences are celebrated and viewed as assets […]
- Tip of the Week: New Minimum Wage Local Ordinances January 11, 2021Four Northern California cities enacted new minimum wage ordinances starting January 1, and more cities had their minimum wage increase; see if any local ordinances or labor law posters apply to your business.
Business Community Join the Trinity Chamber of Commerce...
- Governor Gives Preview of Business Recovery Plan January 8, 2021This week, Governor Gavin Newsom released a preview of his budget plan to help California businesses recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. The Governor’s Equitable Recovery for California Businesses and Jobs plan contains business and workforce recovery elements, including adding $575 million to the $500 million previously allocated for the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant. […]
- CalChamber Asks Cal/OSHA to Delay Enforcing Emergency COVID-19 Rules January 8, 2021The California Chamber of Commerce is urging the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) to delay enforcement of the emergency COVID-19 rules. The emergency regulations went into effect on November 30, 2020, less than two weeks after the Cal/OSHA Standards Board voted to adopt them. They apply to all employers with employees working […]
- New Federal COVID Law Includes Option to Offer Paid Sick Leave January 8, 2021I remember reading that the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) was scheduled to expire on December 31, 2020. Do I need to pay anything to my employees who get sick with COVID 19 after the first of the year? The Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) and the Expanded Family Medical Leave (EFMLA) that were […]
Upcoming County Events
- The State of American Business: How to Revitalize America’s Global Leadership January 14, 2021 KRidel
- The Path Forward: Operation Warp Speed Leader Sees Vaccine Distribution for Essential Workers, Elderly Starting Next Week January 8, 2021 KRosenblatt
- Deadlines and Decisions for American Trade in 2021 January 6, 2021 KRidel
- Improved North American Coordination on Essential Functions Policy Simply Cannot Wait December 22, 2020 KRidel
- COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs December 19, 2020 showe
- The Path Forward: Industry and Government Leaders Discuss Vaccine Distribution December 18, 2020 shackbarth
- Small Business Owners Still Feel Pain of Pandemic and Fear More to Come December 16, 2020 KRosenblatt