With the completion of Trinity Dam in 1961 came the allocation of 25% of the generated power to Trinity County for benefit of its citizens...
Serene Trinity Lake, the rushing Trinity River and the magnificent Trinity Alps are the main attractions in the area. Trinity Lake and Lewiston Lake are...
Trinity County offers a variety of locations with spectacular landscapes to film documentaries, commercials, or movie scenes—from Weaverville’s old west façade to the Trinity Alps...
COUNTY CHAMBER FACEBOOK POSTS
Save on Mandatory Employee Training!!!
Compliance Alert: California employers with five or more employees must provide harassment prevention training to all employees by the end of 2020. That’s two hours of training to California supervisors (and to out-of-state supervisors of California employees), and one hour of training to nonsupervisory employees in California. Training must take place within six months of hire or promotion and every two years thereafter.
Trinity County Chamber members get PREFERRED member pricing on CalChamber online training. Your savings starts at $5 for the 1-hour employee course and $10 for the 2-hour supervisor course.
To get your Preferred member code and link, email Chamber@TrinityCounty.com
Mix, Mingle, and Learn. The evening started with the County Chamber’s annual members meeting to elect directors and appoint officers. Socializing started at 6pm followed...
Trinity County Economic Development: Beyond Tourism and Marijuana Round-table TCCC has hosted three round-table discussion about the opportunities and barriers to economic development in Trinity...
At the March 12 Annual Members Meeting, the voting membership at the meeting elected their 2020-21 Board of Directors. A director’s term is currently one...
- New Q&A: What are some accommodations employers must make when employees might be impacted by stress in the workplace? September 25, 2020What are some accommodations employers must make when employees might be impacted by stress in the workplace?
- Updated HR Library: New Federal PSL and Expanded FMLA (COVID-19) September 23, 2020Read about recently issued guidance.
- Tip of the Week: Workplace Conduct September 21, 2020Disrespectful behavior at work is more than just unlawful conduct – gossip, bullying, rudeness can all affect morale.
- Updated HR Library: San Mateo County Supplemental Paid Sick Leave (COVID-19) September 17, 2020San Mateo County adopts urgency ordinance requiring employers to provide temporary emergency paid sick for leave related to COVID-19.
Business Community Join the Trinity Chamber of Commerce...
- Ads Highlight Problems with Prop. 15 Split Roll September 18, 2020With just weeks remaining before the November 3 general election, the broad-based campaign opposing Proposition 15 is highlighting reasons to vote against the split roll property tax measure in social media and televised ads. As pointed out in the ads, Proposition 15 is a $12.5 billion a year property tax increase—the largest in state history—that […]
- Employment Law Attorney Joins CalChamber Policy Team September 18, 2020Ashley Hoffman joined the California Chamber of Commerce in August 2020 as a policy advocate specializing in labor and employment and workers’ compensation issues. Before joining the CalChamber policy team, she was an associate attorney in the Sacramento office of Jackson Lewis P.C., representing employers in civil litigation and administrative matters as well as advising […]
- How Leave Laws Interact When a Couple Works for Same Employer September 18, 2020How do the federal COVID-19 leave laws adopted this year interact with related state laws, including pregnancy leave, the family rights act and baby bonding time for a married couple at our business? Due to COVID-19, Congress enacted the federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) that created a new paid sick leave and an […]
Upcoming County Events
- New Law Creates Supplemental Sick Leave September 25, 2020
- Governor Newsom Issues Order Setting Goal of Phasing Out Combustion Engine Vehicles by 2035 September 24, 2020
- California Aims to Phase Out New Gas-Powered Vehicles by 2035 September 24, 2020
- CalChamber Statement on Governor’s Executive Order Phasing Out Gasoline-Powered Cars September 23, 2020
- Cal/OSHA Standards Board Requests COVID-19 Draft Emergency Regulation with Limited Opportunity for Stakeholder Input September 23, 2020
- Longtime Commercial Relations Promote Opportunities to Form Reliable Partnerships September 22, 2020
- With Momentum Building, Historic Climate Change Progress is Possible in 2020 September 24, 2020 KRosenblatt
- Transatlantic Trade: Time to Pull the Rusty Nails September 23, 2020 KRosenblatt
- Most Small Businesses Say the Economy Is Their Top Election Issue September 22, 2020 KRosenblatt
- Chamber’s Clark: Racial Equality is ‘Essential’ to U.S. Competitiveness September 21, 2020 shackbarth
- New Study Shows Commercial Construction Industry Has Guarded Optimism About Future September 17, 2020 KRosenblatt
- The Cost of Inaction is Too Great: Congress Must Pass A Phase 4 Coronavirus Relief Package September 17, 2020 KRidel
- The Business Impact of the Abraham Accords September 16, 2020 KRosenblatt