With the completion of Trinity Dam in 1961 came the allocation of 25% of the generated power to Trinity County for benefit of its citizens...
Serene Trinity Lake, the rushing Trinity River and the magnificent Trinity Alps are the main attractions in the area. Trinity Lake and Lewiston Lake are...
Trinity County offers a variety of locations with spectacular landscapes to film documentaries, commercials, or movie scenes—from Weaverville’s old west façade to the Trinity Alps...
Save on Mandatory Employee Training!!!
Compliance Alert: California employers with five or more employees must provide harassment prevention training to all employees by the end of 2020. That’s two hours of training to California supervisors (and to out-of-state supervisors of California employees), and one hour of training to nonsupervisory employees in California. Training must take place within six months of hire or promotion and every two years thereafter.
Trinity County Chamber members get PREFERRED member pricing on CalChamber online training. Your savings starts at $5 for the 1-hour employee course and $10 for the 2-hour supervisor course.
To get your Preferred member code and link, email Chamber@TrinityCounty.com
Mix, Mingle, and Learn. The evening started with the County Chamber’s annual members meeting to elect directors and appoint officers. Socializing started at 6pm followed...
Trinity County Economic Development: Beyond Tourism and Marijuana Round-table TCCC has hosted three round-table discussion about the opportunities and barriers to economic development in Trinity...
At the March 12 Annual Members Meeting, the voting membership at the meeting elected their 2020-21 Board of Directors. A director’s term is currently one...
- New Local Ordinance: Sacramento County Worker Protection, Health, and Safety Act (COVID-19) October 20, 2020On September 1, 2020, the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors adopted an ordinance called the "Sacramento County Worker Protection, Health, and Safety Act of 2020," which contains two major components: (1) employer safety practices and protocols and (2) supplemental paid sick leave.
- Tip of the Week: New Laws for 2021 October 19, 2020Get ready for 2021 with an overview of new laws affecting California employers!
- Updated Form: Certification of Health Care Provider - Employee's or Family Member's Serious Health Condition - Spanish October 16, 2020Have the employee's health care provider complete this medical certification as needed. This form is used for employee's taking leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and California Family Rights Act (CFRA) for their own serious health condition or that of a family member.
- Updated Form: Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Leave Under the Family and Medical Leave Act October 15, 2020Use this form when an employee requests leave due to a qualifying exigency relating to a family member's military service.
Business Community Join the Trinity Chamber of Commerce...
- COVID-19: New Exposure Notice Requirements Coming October 16, 2020In Episode 92 of The Workplace podcast, CalChamber Executive Vice President and General Counsel Erika Frank and CalChamber policy advocate Robert Moutrie discuss California’s new COVID-19 workplace exposure reporting law, which goes into effect on January 1, 2021. In September, Governor Gavin Newsom signed AB 685 (Reyes; D-San Bernardino), which among other requirements, mandates that […]
- Streamlining of Work Share Program a Win-Win for Business and Workers October 16, 2020As the 2020 legislative season comes to a close, we can certainly say it has been a chaotic time for employers. One bright spot for employers was AB 1731 (Boerner Horvath; D-Encinitas), which the California Chamber of Commerce was glad to support and glad to see it signed by Governor Gavin Newsom with an urgency […]
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Applies to Minors October 16, 2020We hired an employee who is 15 years old. Are we required to provide sexual harassment prevention training to him? What if he will be working only during the upcoming holiday season? In California, all employers who employ 5 or more employees are required to provide 1 hour of sexual harassment and abusive conduct prevention […]
Upcoming County Events
- Jam Hops Gymnastics Factory Wins 2020 Dream Big Small Business of the Year October 14, 2020 KRosenblatt
- How IPOs Would Help A Broad Economic Recovery October 14, 2020 KRosenblatt
- More Government Sponsored Healthcare is Not the Answer October 14, 2020 KRosenblatt
- Fostering Inclusion in the Innovation Economy Drives American Competitiveness October 14, 2020 ESignora
- A Special Update on Our Issue Advocacy Advertising October 9, 2020 KRosenblatt
- Meet the 2020 Dream Big Award Finalists October 8, 2020 KRosenblatt
- Decoding the Data-Driven Distortion on Employer-Sponsored Insurance October 7, 2020 KRosenblatt