With the completion of Trinity Dam in 1961 came the allocation of 25% of the generated power to Trinity County for benefit of its citizens...
Serene Trinity Lake, the rushing Trinity River and the magnificent Trinity Alps are the main attractions in the area. Trinity Lake and Lewiston Lake are...
Trinity County offers a variety of locations with spectacular landscapes to film documentaries, commercials, or movie scenes—from Weaverville’s old west façade to the Trinity Alps...
Save on Mandatory Employee Training!!!
Compliance Alert: California employers with five or more employees must provide harassment prevention training to all employees by the end of 2020. That’s two hours of training to California supervisors (and to out-of-state supervisors of California employees), and one hour of training to nonsupervisory employees in California. Training must take place within six months of hire or promotion and every two years thereafter.
Trinity County Chamber members get PREFERRED member pricing on CalChamber online training. Your savings starts at $5 for the 1-hour employee course and $10 for the 2-hour supervisor course.
To get your Preferred member code and link, email Chamber@TrinityCounty.com
Mix, Mingle, and Learn. The evening started with the County Chamber’s annual members meeting to elect directors and appoint officers. Socializing started at 6pm followed...
Trinity County Economic Development: Beyond Tourism and Marijuana Round-table TCCC has hosted three round-table discussion about the opportunities and barriers to economic development in Trinity...
At the March 12 Annual Members Meeting, the voting membership at the meeting elected their 2020-21 Board of Directors. A director’s term is currently one...
- New Q&A: What if a pregnant employee is exposed to chemicals at their work site, but their doctor has not restricted their work duties? December 4, 2020What if a pregnant employee is exposed to chemicals at their work site, but their doctor has not restricted their work duties?
- New Q&A: Is an employer prohibited from providing a reason for separation when verifying past employment? December 2, 2020Is an employer prohibited from providing a reason for separation when verifying past employment?
- Tip of the Week: Posters for Unique Situations November 30, 2020Do you need a poster that covers a specific need? From agriculture, forklifts and e-Verify to Cal/OSHA and construction — not all posters are alike. Use our Posters for Unique Situations tool to help you find the one that's right for your business.
- New Q&A: How much notice must I give my employees that I'm canceling a shift in order to avoid paying reporting time? November 25, 2020How much notice must I give my employees that I'm canceling a shift in order to avoid paying reporting time?
Business Community Join the Trinity Chamber of Commerce...
- Cal/OSHA Emergency Rule for COVID-19 in Effect Now December 4, 2020As of November 30, 2020, the new Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) 21-page COVID-19 Emergency Standard is in effect across California, covering virtually every employer and workplace in the state. How We Got Here Given that the text of this Emergency Regulation wasn’t made public until November 12—less than one month ago—now is […]
- Governor Ties Lockdowns to Hospital Capacity; CalChamber Urges Congress to Help Small Businesses December 4, 2020Governor Gavin Newsom announced on Thursday that regions of the state will be subject to more restrictive stay-at-home orders when their hospital capacity erodes to an alarming level. Following the Governor’s announcement, the California Chamber of Commerce and local chambers of commerce urged Congress to help struggling small businesses. Lockdowns The lockdowns will be put […]
- Value of Holiday Gift Card May Be Factor in Calculating Pay Rate December 4, 2020I’d like to give my employees gift cards worth a few hundred dollars at the end of the year as a holiday gift. Is the value of those gift cards part of their compensation that needs to be taken into account when calculating overtime? While a gift card may not look anything like a paycheck, […]
Upcoming County Events
- The Path Forward: CDC Director Says Masks are Powerful Tool for Combating Virus December 2, 2020 KRosenblatt
- This Thanksgiving, Let’s Celebrate the Goodness November 24, 2020 shackbarth
- A Very Special Native American Heritage Month November 23, 2020 shackbarth
- Addressing Opportunity Gaps for Minority-Owned Businesses Through Increasing Access to Capital and Credit November 20, 2020 KRidel
- While the COVID-19 Vaccine is Within Reach, Logistical Challenges and Funding Remain Roadblocks in Distribution November 19, 2020 KRosenblatt
- Quick Take: 3 Election Takeaways November 13, 2020 shackbarth
- The SEC’s Final Proxy Advisor Rule Brings Greater Transparency, Oversight and Clarity to Investors and Should Not be Vacated November 6, 2020 KRosenblatt