With the completion of Trinity Dam in 1961 came the allocation of 25% of the generated power to Trinity County for benefit of its citizens...
Serene Trinity Lake, the rushing Trinity River and the magnificent Trinity Alps are the main attractions in the area. Trinity Lake and Lewiston Lake are...
Trinity County offers a variety of locations with spectacular landscapes to film documentaries, commercials, or movie scenes—from Weaverville’s old west façade to the Trinity Alps...
Save on Mandatory Employee Training!!!
Compliance Alert: California employers with five or more employees must provide harassment prevention training to all employees by the end of 2020. That’s two hours of training to California supervisors (and to out-of-state supervisors of California employees), and one hour of training to nonsupervisory employees in California. Training must take place within six months of hire or promotion and every two years thereafter.
Trinity County Chamber members get PREFERRED member pricing on CalChamber online training. Your savings starts at $5 for the 1-hour employee course and $10 for the 2-hour supervisor course.
To get your Preferred member code and link, email Chamber@TrinityCounty.com
Mix, Mingle, and Learn. The evening started with the County Chamber’s annual members meeting to elect directors and appoint officers. Socializing started at 6pm followed...
Trinity County Economic Development: Beyond Tourism and Marijuana Round-table TCCC has hosted three round-table discussion about the opportunities and barriers to economic development in Trinity...
At the March 12 Annual Members Meeting, the voting membership at the meeting elected their 2020-21 Board of Directors. A director’s term is currently one...
- Updated Form: COVID-19-Related Paid Sick Leave or Family and Medical Leave (FFCRA) Documentation Checklist — For Employer Use Only April 8, 2021This checklist will help guide you through the required documentation for employees who need to take either paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave under the federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) for qualified reasons related to COVID-19.
- New HR Library: COBRA Subsidies Under American Rescue Plan Act April 6, 2021Among the American Rescue Plan Act's many provisions, the new law provides for 100 percent premium subsidies for health insurance continuation under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) for "assistance eligible individuals" who elect COBRA continuation coverage between April 1, 2021, and September 30, 2021.
- Tip of the Week: Health and Safety Plans April 5, 2021Know which safety standards apply to your organization and communicate these standards to your employees.
- Updated Form: Workers' Compensation Information and Assistance Offices April 1, 2021Contact addresses and phone numbers for local DWC Information and Assistance Units. The Information and Assistance Unit provides information and assistance to employees, employers, insurance carriers and other interested parties concerning rights, benefits and obligations under California's workers' compensation laws.
Business Community Join the Trinity Chamber of Commerce...
- Governor Sets Target Date for Reopening California April 9, 2021This week, Governor Gavin Newsom set a June 15 benchmark for fully reopening the state’s economy. He emphasized that moving on is contingent on Californians continuing to wear masks and remain vigilant to curb the spread of COVID-19. A news release from the Governor’s office cited two criteria for fully reopening on June 15: • […]
- Job Killer Additions Increase Taxes, Labor/Employment Mandates April 9, 2021The California Chamber of Commerce this week added four bills to its annual list of job killer legislation. The additions bring the 2021 job killer list to a total of 22 legislative bills that would place California employers and the state’s economy in harm’s way should they become law. The four additions to the list […]
- On-Site Drug Testing: Remember to Support Need, Confidentiality April 9, 2021We’ve been bringing our employees back into the office, and pursuant to our “reasonable suspicion” drug testing, would like to conduct in-house drug testing. Can we do this? The short answer is yes — employers can conduct drug tests on site. There are a few issues to be aware of, however. Written Policy First, you […]
Upcoming County Events
- US-China Tariff Fight Leaves SE Asia in the Winner's Circle April 1, 2021 KRidel
- Nearly 400 Businesses Make Rally for Recovery Commitment to Help Defeat Pandemic March 31, 2021 KRidel
- New Transatlantic Economy Report Affirms U.S. and Europe Enjoy the World’s Largest Commercial Relationship March 26, 2021 KRosenblatt
- Government Needs a 21st Century Digital Transformation March 25, 2021 KRosenblatt
- At Least It’s a Start: Multiemployer Pension Relief March 25, 2021 KRosenblatt
- New Report Reveals Improving Intellectual Property Protections Worldwide March 24, 2021 TSwanek
- Q&A with CEOs on Continuing to Innovate and Move Forward in a Forever-Changed Aviation Industry March 23, 2021 shackbarth