In 2013 the Trinity County labor force consisted of 4840 workers. The county had an unemployment rate of 12.8%. Adjusted total personal income is expected to increase to approximately $369.2 million by 2015. This projection indicates an economy whose growth is steady, with a consumer driven market that will continue to gain spending power in the future.
Approximately 42 percent of the income of Trinity County residents came from earnings by place of work in 2007. Another 18 percent of income in the county came from dividends, interest, and rent, and 35 percent came from transfer payments. There was a 10 percent adjustment for residence in the county in 2007, indicating that a large number of Trinity residents commuted outside the county for work.
(Information from 2009-2010 Trinity County Economic and Demographic Profile)
The major employers in Trinity County are:
- Trinity County Public Utilities District
- Trinity River Lumber Company
- Trinity Hospital – Mountain Communities Healthcare District
- US Forest Service
- Trinity County government
- Trinity County schools and education services
- Bureau of Land Management